Originally built in 1924 for vaudeville and stage acts, the theater was partially destroyed by fire on July 9, 1943.
It was rebuilt in an Art Moderne style designed by architect John R. McLane and opened on September 28, 1944. One of the features of the rebuilt Sterling Theater was a lighted tower, which became a beacon for entertainment in downtown Sterling.
Photo Courtesy of the Sterling Public Library
Photo Courtesy of the Reecher family